Monday, October 8, 2007

Announcing: HeroStats Blogging

"HeroStats is an Open Source statistical analyzer for the game City of Heroes. It runs alongside City of Heroes and collects information about how well your hero is performing."

That's a quote from the official HeroStats website. We've already got the website, mailing lists, and the occasional post on the official CoH forums, so why a blog?

Well, for starters, I thought it would be cool. But beyond that, I've been thinking that there should be a better way to communicate some of the information behind how HeroStats works, something that won't be purged regularly (which the official forums are), can be referenced easily (unlike emails), and that allows comments from the public (unlike the official site). Thus, a blog.

I've got some ideas for the first few posts, so you'll see some updates fairly quickly - I've already got the first one ready, adapted from a post I made on the official forums. After that, updates will depend on my level of motivation and what people want to know. If you've got things you'd like to see more information on, post 'em here, and I'll take a look for future posting.

No comments: